In industries using mercury, it is not uncommon to have mercury spill accidents. Exposure to mercury has harmful health effects,as if it is ingested it can cause damage to the brain, kidney and lungs among other things. As such, it is vitally important for any printing house or production line using mercury filled UV lamps to have clean-up kits readily available in case of emergencies.
Alpha-Cure provides safe and cost effective mercury spill kits that enable staff to deal safely and easily with mercury spills on any surface with a minimum amount of training. These kits are a COSHH recommended system. They can be used repeatedly on mercury spills of all sizes and have a long shelf life of 3.5 years.
Request a quote here.
Each kit contains:
- Absorbent Alloy Wool
- Micro-fined Sulphur
- Calcium Hydroxide
- A mercury disposal bottle
- Red case- for easy identification in an emergency