In 1877 two scientists found that sugar water in the shade went cloudy, but sugar water in the sun stayed clear. Upon microscopic examination of the two solutions they discovered that bacteria was growing in the solution that had not been exposed to UV but not in the solution that had. And so, the early principles of UV Disinfection were discovered!
Alpha-Cure's dedicated research and development department are committed to delivering responsible innovations in partnership with leading water disinfection system manufacturers throughout the world.
Ultraviolet disinfection is a means of killing or rendering harmless micro-organisms (ranging from bacteria and viruses to algae and protozoa) in a dedicated environment using ultraviolet light technology.
Short-wavelength ultraviolet radiation, is harmful to micro-organisms. It is effective in destroying the nucleic acids in these organisms so that their DNA is disrupted by the UV radiation, leaving them unable to perform vital cellular functions.
“The quality of their ultraviolet lamps and customer service over the years has exceeded our expectations and led us to become one of the market leaders in the UV purification industry.”
Radoslaw Sadowski (General Director, F.H.U. RAAN-UV SYSTEMS)
Alpha-Cure manufacturers and supplies bespoke UV lamp designs and cost effective UV solutions to meet your exact requirements:
- Medium/High Pressure (MHP) Mercury UV Lamps
- Low Pressure, Low Output (LPLO) Mercury UV Lamps
- Low Pressure, High Output Mercury UV lamps (Amalgam Lamps)
- Lamp Ballasts
- Electronic Power Supplies
- Quartz Sleeves
- UV Measuring Equipment
- UV Lamp and System Accessories
The water decontamination industry is one of the most crucial industries in the world, each nation requires ultraviolet (UV) technologies for;
- Consumer Drinking Water
- Industrial Process Water
- Industrial Wastewater
- Municipal Drinking Water
- Municipal Wastewater
- Ballast Water
This method has many advantages:
- Immediate treatment process – no need for holding tanks or long retention times etc.
- Environmentally friendly – there are no dangerous chemicals to handle or store and no risk of overdosing.
- Low cost – when compared with similar technologies such as ozone, chlorine etc. and extremely economical since hundreds of gallons may be treated for each penny of operating cost.
- Low power consumption.