A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
A cookie will typically contain a record of the website which issued it, its own name, and a value which is often a randomly generated unique number. A cookie will have a ‘lifetime’, which tells your browser when to delete it.
TYPES OF COOKIES
Different cookies are used for different purposes. The most common ones are as follows:
- Strictly necessary cookies – required for the operation of our website’s core functionality. The website cannot be used properly without these cookies.
- Analytical / performance cookies – allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. These cookies cannot be used to directly identify a website visitor.
- Functionality cookies – used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your language, time zone or region).
- Targeting cookies – record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- Unclassified cookies – do not belong to any other category or are in the process of being categorised.
THE COOKIES WE USE
To view the cookies we use on our website or to deactivate the use of third party advertising cookies, please click on the cookie icon found on this page or our home page (www.alpha-cure.com).
THIRD PARTY COOKIES
- Microsoft Corp
DECLINING COOKIES – YOUR CHOICE
You can choose which analytical, functionality and targeting cookies we can set by clicking on the cookie icon found on this page or our home page (www.alpha-cure.com).
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
WHERE CAN YOU FIND MORE INFORMATION ABOUT COOKIES?
You can learn more about cookies at the following third-party websites: