Alpha-Cure have always been associated with quality and reliability, producing tens of thousands of UV curing lamps every year for our customers. Our UV lamps generally have a warranted life of 1,000 hours, but this can easily be extended provided the lamp is run in accordance with our guidelines and conditions. In fact, Alpha-Cure regularly hears from customers who report that their lamps are still curing at 4,000 hours, thanks to the environment they are operated in and adherence to a stringent cleaning and maintenance programme.
Alpha-Cure’s UV technicians support customers and distributors around the world with troubleshooting and technical advice, and here they share their best practice for handling, cleaning and replacing UV lamps
- Always wear latex gloves when unpacking and then handling a UV lamp, as any residue and oil from your fingertips will contaminate the surface of the lamp and cause issues once it is ignited.
- Before placing the lamp into the UV system, ensure you clean the lamp body with isopropanol wipes – these are available from Alpha-Cure’s sales team.
- For longer lamps, rotate them every 100-200 hours to avoid deformation of the quartz and ‘bowing’.
- Avoid excessive starts – this can cause contamination due to the electrodes throwing off tungsten into the lamp. When you remove the UV lamp from the system, check that the electrical connections are tight and not eroded.
- Ensure the UV system is clear of all external contamination, such as inks and paper dust, and clean the lamps regularly with isopropyl wipes. Allow the lamp to cool for at least 5 minutes after the power has been turned off, before you handle the lamp.
Alpha-Cure has over 22 years of experience in UV technology and are experts in troubleshooting issues with lamp and UV system performance. However, even the very best products crafted from the best materials will need to be replaced in the end. Alpha-Cure can provide replacement UV lamps for virtually any UV system, as well as system spares and accessories including:
- UV system reflectors
- Quartz plates
- UV lamp cleaning kits
- Mercury spill kits
- UV testing and monitoring products.
- Chokes, ballasts and ignitors
Contact Alpha-Cure’s technical sales team on 01327 263900 or email email@example.com to discuss your requirements.
Closing Christmas Dates
As we are heading to the end of the year. It’s time to think about Christmas cheer. Here are some ...
Maximising your reflectors
Reflectors are a critical element of many UV curing systems, but their importance is often overlooke...
Using UV technology to create clean and safe future.
In response to our customer requirements our disinfection branch Alpha-Purify has introduced a range...
Summer Bank Holiday
The Alpha-Cure’s UK office and factory will shut down for the Summer bank holiday.